lout-users

References

From: Dominikus Herzberg
Subject: References
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 16:28:40 +0200

Hi Lout'ers,

I have not completely understood the definition mechanism of Lout, yet,
maybe this forum can help me solving the following problem.

The problem:

I need a somewhat different style of referencing books, articles, etc
in a paper I have to write. As far as I can see I can't use the existing
@Cite or @Ref symbol, new symbols have to be defined. What I need is:

Example1:  As shown, @Writer{$OMT, S.~10} used this concept ...
Result1 :  As shown, RUMBAUGH et al. (1991a, S. 10) used this concept ...

Example2:  OMT is an OO methodology (@Source{$OMT}).
Result2 :  OMT is an OO methodology (RUMBAUGH et al. 1991a).

You see, the tricky part are the parentheses (): Sometimes I need them
for the year (including page references), sometimes not.

The corresponding entry in the reference database file looks like this:

{ @Reference
    @Tag { OMT }
    @Label { @S Rumbaugh et~al. }         # Condensed form of @Author
    @Annote { 1991a }                     # This optional letter is needed to