lout-users

widows and orphans

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: widows and orphans
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 10:45:44 +1000

> How do I make Lout avoid widow and orphan lines, i.e., page breaks
> after the first or before the last line of a paragraph?

The next version of Lout will have widow and orphan control built
in as options to the @Break symbol.  It's implemented and working
in my own private current version; it works both with and without
optimal page breaking.

The main feature of the next release will be a better table package
to replace @Tab (@Tab will remain available for backward compatibility).
I got about halfway through it, including getting spanning columns and
rows working, but then I hit a workload hurricane which is only just
beginning to ease off.

Jeff