lout-users

Re: Pagination of Documents (ctd.)

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Pagination of Documents (ctd.)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:04:43 +1000

Correction to my last mail:  I've now read the whole paper and
their measure of quality is a linear combination of the number
of pages you have to turn to get to figures plus the total
number of pages.  In addition, they have a hard constraint
(i.e. always satisified unless impossible to do so) that each
page must be at least X percent full (your choice of X), and
that double-page spreads must be exactly equal height.

So the paper is highly interesting, I can recommend it.  Any
volunteers to install the algorithm into Lout?

Jeff