lout-users

Re: Bug with rlines in @Break?

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Bug with rlines in @Break?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:06:14 +0300

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 03:48:27PM -0800, Monty Zukowski wrote:

> This doesn't work, in that "Epiphany" is left justified:
> { rlines 1.2fx nohyphen } @Break {
> Epiphany
> }
>
> But this works:
> { rlines 1.2fx nohyphen } @Break {
> Epiphany {}
> }
>
> Is this a misunderstanding of the syntax on my part or an acutal bug?  I'd
> be happy to send complete sample files if anyone wished to debug this.

The problem with the former is that FixAndPrintObject sees "Epiphany"
as a WORD, while for the latter it sees an ACAT (&-concatenated
paragraph).  So it doesn't apply the break style in the former case.

This could be fixed by promoting WORD to ACAT when @Break is applied
to a single word paragraph.  But since I'm not very familiar with that
part of Lout code and don't have much time now, I can't fix it.
Perhaps Jeff will fix this for the forthcoming 3.13.

For now tack on an empty object as a workaround, as you do in the
latter example, only don't put a space, i.e.:  Epiphany{}

SY, Uwe