lout-users

Re: Turkish (latin5) support

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Turkish (latin5) support
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 04:38:04 +0300

On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 01:29:28AM +0200, Deniz Dogan wrote:

> It seems lout doesn't support Turkish out-of-the-box.  Is it easy
> enough for a end user to add?  If so where should I start?

This is very easy.  Just look at existing files and do the following:

1. Write an LCM file for latin5 and put it into `maps' directory.

2. Write fontdefs for latin5 fonts and put it into `include' directory
   see `latin2' and `latin2.fd' as an example.

3. Add an entry for Turkish language to langdefs.

4. Take TeX hyphenation file for Turkish tweak it accrording to
   `hyph/readme' and put it to `hyph' directory.

5. Add Turkish words to `data/standard.ld'

6. Run lout -x $LOUTLIB/include/init to build compressed hyphenation
   patterns and reindex the `standard.ld'.

7. Test the result and submitt it to Jeff so that it's included in the
   next release.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need help.

SY, Uwe