lout-users

Ultimate test

From: Matěj Cepl
Subject: Ultimate test
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:10:00 +0100

Hi,

there is document showing how to use TeX from Y&Y for production of PDF
files on http://www.yandy.com/download/pdf_from.pdf . In the end of this
document, there is a huge equation (I have no idea, what does it mean)
with caption saying "Try typesetting the above without using TeX!".
Certainly as I saw it, I had to try create the thing in Lout.

It is not as well as the original, but reason is, that I do not know
some characters used in the equation (esp. whether the code which I make
as Omicron is really the one, and what are characters which I made as
Ifraktur and Rfraktur respectively). Certainly, that some high-level
louters would be able to fiddle my code to make it more pretty. But,
considering that I am a lawyer without any substantial knowledge of lout
inner-working, it is certainly not bad (and I think, that even my code
is much nicer that TeX original).

Attached to this file, you shall find TeX original source code (courtesy
of Y&Y, but never used), my lout source and resulting EPS files
(gzipped).

Thanks for a help should be given to Uwe. Thank you.

                        Have a nice day

                                        Matthew