lout-users

Prints last page only

From: Daren Scot Wilson
Subject: Prints last page only
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 16:36:51 +0000

I've been using lout for a while, not often, but always for single pages.  Now
I've written something four pages long, and have weird results.  Please help
find the problem, or suggest ways to investigate.

When I run Lout, the resulting .ps file shows up in ghostview's page list as if
it had only the last page, p. 4.   I can view all four pages total, but they're
run together as if one single 8.5" x 44" sheet.   When I send the .ps file to
the printer (via a ps->ppa utility) only the last page prints out.

What silly numb-skull thing did I leave out?

GS is version 3.33
Lout 3.12
Using PBM2PPA converter to send to an HP DeskJet 712C
  - works great for single pages
Linux 2.2.7 on a fast CPU, 96M ram, everything else runs great.

Is there a command line switch to produced one .ps file per page of the
document? That would be a good workaround until I figure out the real solution.

My beginning and end of this document look like:

@SysInclude {doc}
@Document
  @PageHeaders {Simple}
@Text @Begin
@Display @Heading {Kitty Green Fund - Intent and Organization}
clines @Break {
Daren Scot Wilson (address@hidden)
}
@PP
This document describes the Kitty Green Fund and how I....
... lots of text, ...etc....
@Sections
.....lots more text, using @Section and @End @Section....
@End @Section
@EndSections
@End @Text

Lout prints zero error messages.

What are things to try to diagnose the problem?

--
Daren Scot Wilson
address@hidden

"Unless we attempt to get out of bed, we cannot achieve the easy"
                                           - D. Wilson