lout-users

Quick poll: Do you need a Win32 installed?

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Quick poll: Do you need a Win32 installed?
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 01:02:20 +0400

Do people that use Lout on Win32 think that it would be useful to have
a setup program to install Lout on Windows?  Zipped tree will still be
available, of course, for those who don't like silly setups tweaking
their system at the mercy of the setup author.  (I myself do prefer
programs that don't need a setup).

If there's sufficient demand, I'll try to investigate the options.
The two I can think of are the InstallShiled Free Edition that comes
with VC++ Professional 5.0 and the InstallerVise from MindVision that
have an offer for shareware/freeware authors to use their packager for
free.

I personally am inclined to the InstallerVise.  Lout installation just
don't need anything fancy so no complex setup scripts are required.
Also InstallerVise has an option to produce Web setups that can pull
only necessary subsets from the web (anyone interested?).

Also I'd like to hear from Win32 users if the current packaging is ok
and any suggestions on how to organize it better.

Please reply to me directly.

Disclaimer: no promises though, I'll work on it as time permits.

SY, Uwe