lout-users

converters xxx2lout

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: converters xxx2lout
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:16:03 +0100 (British Summer Time)

I've written a few perl scripts to convert source texts into Lout and
bundled them into xxx2lout-0.01.tar.gz
Here's an extract from the README:

The following little perl programs are included:
* html2lout - Converts HTML to lout
* pod2lout  - Converts pod to lout
* txt2lout  - Converts plain text to lout
* perl2lout - Converts perl programs to lout

txt2lout can be used as a nice filter, say in vi, with ".,$!txt2lout -w 0"
for example.

html2lout (i.e. HTML/LoutParser.pm) doesn't do tables - but I intend having a
go at that. It also doesn't deal with &entities; very well since it relies on
HTML/Parser.pm to translate them and uses each 8-bit character as is; the awk
html2lout converts entities directly into address@hidden entity}'s which is
what I
should do.

Even if they don't give you exactly the results you want they may be enough to
knock some source text into a usable form.

You can find xxx2lout-0.01.tar.gz on the web by pointing your browser to
ftp://ftp.bora.net/pub/CPAN//authors/id/S/SU/SUMMER

It will appear at other CPAN (Comprehensive Perl Archive Network) sites as
it gets mirrored over the next day or so.

They have been tested with Linux, but I am not aware of any reason why they
shouldn't run under other systems.

They are licensed as per Perl - either GNU or Artistic so you can use them
freely.

Regards.
address@hidden  Tel: +44 (0)1225 826043
CHEST Software Team Manager   Fax: +44 (0)1225 826177
http://www.chest.ac.uk        Mobile:     0403 535803