lout-users

Win32 binaries of Lout 3.17 available

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Win32 binaries of Lout 3.17 available
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 23:18:30 +0300

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 09:30:29PM +0300, Glauber Ribeiro wrote:

> I've been wondering, since 3.17 is the "officially stable version",
> has anyone compiled it for Win 32, and if so, would it be possible
> to have that in a server available for download?

I've put 3.17 binaries on my ftp site.  Follow the link on the lout
home page at:

    http://www.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/lout/lout.html

I haven't tested the packaging much, but that should be ok (i.e. I'm
not sure I've included all the readmes &co).

Users of my previous binaries should notice the following:

. No "strcoll" binaries.  This behaviour is now controlled with a
  comman line option.

. There's no 'bin' sundirectory for binaries

  Lout will now use the directory where the binary resides as the
  LIBDIR, unless overriden with LOUTLIB environment variable.  This
  means that you can simply unpack the tree anywhere you like and use
  it directly from there without having to set the LOUTLIB env.

  Archives will still unpack as Lout\3.17 (since this reflect my
  setup), but you can move the '3.17' to be anything you want.

The three archives are:

    lt317w32.zip       1593k            - main distribution
    lt317dps.zip        857k            - preformatted docs in PS
    lt317dlt.zip        413k            - lout sorces for the docs

SY, Uwe