lout-users

Re: 3.19: problem compiling user manual

From: Peter Samuel
Subject: Re: 3.19: problem compiling user manual
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 05:19:16 +0400 (MSD)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Marcelo Huerta wrote:

> El 30/03/00 11:20:01, Jeffrey Howard Kingston <address@hidden> escribi?:
>
> > Other news: Mark Summerfield and I are working on adding Perl to
> > prg2lout.  There are some strange things (lexical ambiguity of /
> > character, and the Pod language-within-a-language, for example).
> > I want to hold off making another release until I can include @Perl.
>
> If I want to add another language for formatting (say, LotusScript or
> Notes Formula Language), what steps should I follow? I would appreciate
> some guidance from experienced louters.

The a2ps package seems to do a very good job of pretty printing a
variety of different languages, including C, sh and Perl. That might
be a good place to start to see how they've done it. It might also be
possible to take their style guides for the various languages and turn
them into prg2lout templates.

Regards
Peter
Peter Samuel                                address@hidden