lout-users

Probably not lout's fault, but...

From: Mike Dowling
Subject: Probably not lout's fault, but...
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:51:59 +0200

I wrote an lout document.  It included two figures in encapsulated
postscript, one was generated by xv from a .gif file, and the other I
wrote myself, so this is a possible source of error.

I can generate a postscript file using lout, and view it using
ghostview.  I can print it successfully on our black and white
postscript laser printer, and on the universities colour, postscript
printer.  I took it to a copy shop, and their printer complained of
postscript errors, and refused to print it.  Specifically, it did not
know of fonts like Times-Roman.  The bloke at the copy shop reckoned
that that should be "Times Roman", without the hyphen, but that is
surely nonsense.  Does anybody have an idea what is going on?

The following is my short postscript file, and it looks very harmless to
me.

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 178 25
%%Creator: M. Dowling