lout-users

Table formatting

From: Harry Henry Gebel
Subject: Table formatting
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:22:55 -0400

How can I make a table's rows be completely independent of those under it?
I have the following table:

@Include { doc }
@Doc @Text @Begin
@CentredDisplay @Tab
  above { single }
  below { single }
  side { single }
  @Fmta { @Col A ! @Col 6.5i @Wide {Bold +4p} @Font clines @Break B}
  @Fmtb { @Col @Heading C !! @Col @Heading D !! @Col @Heading E !!
          @Col @Heading F !! @Col @Heading G }
{
  @Rowa A { @CC @IncludeGraphic logo.eps.gz }
        B {
Marble Contracting Service
Dover, DE }
  @Rowb C { ITEM } D { UNIT } E { "Price/Unit" } F { Quantity }
        G { Total } }

This produces a table with column A above column C, column B above column
D, and nothing above columns E, F, and G. I want A and B to go across the
entire table, but I cannot use @Over because column C will be very wide
(once more rows are added), but column A will be very narrow. Column A
should be over the first little bit of column C, and column B should be
over the rest of column C and all of the other columns, How do I do
this. I am using lout v 3.08 on Mandrake Linux v 7.0 .

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS
West Dover Hundred, Delaware