lout-users

Difference between lout-3.17 and lout-3.20

From: nijbhav
Subject: Difference between lout-3.17 and lout-3.20
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:30:09 +0400 (SCT)

Here I quote a paragraph from the User's guide Section 3.2 :

>>> In order to get a table of contents, it is necessary to use your
own setup file (Section 4.1 explains how to do this)
and to set the "@MakeContents" option within it to "Yes".  The table of
contents will ordinarily appear beginning
on the first page, but if the "@ContentsSeparate" option of
 "@Report" is
set to "Yes" it will appear on separate pages.  This is only
effective if "@CoverSheet" is  "No", since a separate cover
sheet and separate pages for the table of contents would leave nothing on
the first page.  <<<

        The paragraph is same for both lout-3.17 and lout-3.20 but the
behavior is different for each. Lout-3.20 allows a separate coversheet
and separate contents page leaving the first page of report matter start
with nothing.(i.e, starts from first section directly.)

        Doesn't the User's guide need to be changed accordingly? In my
opinion, the present condition is more flexible as in some cases a
separate coversheet and a separate contents page is more
desirable.(atleast that is what we usually do in this part of the world.)
The contents page, if separate, need not contain title, author etc. That
may be moved to the next page.