lout-users

How to draw schematics?

From: John Gerard Malecki
Subject: How to draw schematics?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'd like to write a lout document and include some simple box type
schematics.  I'm sending this email to ask if such a (lout) package
already exists and if not how to best approach the problem.  There
seem to be many ways to do this - diagrams and tables come to mind
immediately.  Can anyone suggest a smart approach and what parts of
lout I need to learn to develop a nice package?

Here is an ascii version of what i'd like.  It is important to have
the wires and be able to place the text properly.

              +--------+
              |        +---OUT

-thanks