lout-users

Some questions mainly on @Eq and a few other things

From: jakarppi
Subject: Some questions mainly on @Eq and a few other things
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:21:37 +0300 (MSK)

I already know LaTeX and currently I am trying to learn Lout (v3.24 on
Red Hat Linux 6.2). As the docs on @Eq are quite sparse, I have some
questions:

How do you do the symbols for the set of real numbers (also rationals,
integers, complex numbers)? In (AMS-)LaTeX, it would be $\mathbb{R}$.

What about absolute value and norms? Again, in (AMS-)LaTeX, I have
\newcommand{\abs}[1]{\left| #1 \right|} and for a norm $||x||$ would
be fine. In Lout, however, the latter has too much space between the
|'s.

Is it possible to use one font for text and another for mathematics?
For example, Times is ok for text but Schoolbook would be better for
math.

Regarding fonts, I have some trouble with the Chancery font.
Here is the example:

@SysInclude{doc}
@Document
  @InitialFont{Chancery Base 12p}
//
@Text @Begin
@QuotedDisplay @Scale @Box Warning!
@End @Text

The text "Warning!" (previewed in gv) is not centered in the box and
it even overlaps with the borders.