lout-users

Re: horizontal galleys

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: horizontal galleys
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:07:41 +0300

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 12:21:18 -0800, Efraim Yawitz wrote:

> > PS: Have you confirmed the problem with UniqueID's, i.e. did removing
> > ids fix the problem?  If that's the case, I'd appreciate if you can
> > followup to your original question to let people know what the problem
> > was.
>
> I actually made 'fake' UniqueID's and that solved the problem, i.e., now
> Ghostscript distinguishes between the fonts.  I assume that commenting
> them out would also do it, and I suppose that's the more proper way to go
> about it.

Just to put this in context for the rest of the list: we are talking
about the problem Efraim described in a recent posting
"Post(Ghost-)script problem".  Just as I suspected, the problem was
caused by buggy fonts, that all had the same unique id.  This sort of
situation confuses rasterizer, as it caches processed glyphs based on
unique font id and for two fonts with the same id a cached glyph from
the other font will be used instead of the glyph from the current
font.

SY, Uwe