lout-users

Re: Lout broken

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Lout broken
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:49:50 +1100

> 787,16: fatal error: too many kerning pairs in font file

I have never seen this problem.

> When I run "lout -x" it hangs, i.e. it sits there producing no
> output and using no CPU time. What is it supposed to do?

It packs the .lh hyphenation files into .lp packed versions, and
it creates .li database index files from the .ld databases in
the standard databases directory.

> Is lout fussy about file permissions?

lout -x needs to be able to write in directories $(LOUTLIB)/hyph
and $(LOUTLIB)/data.  Otherwise, everything needs to be readable
and the directories need to be executable as usual.

I wish I could help, but I haven't the foggiest.  Getting lout -x
to work is obviously the place to start.

Jeff