lout-users

Music-Typesetting with lout?

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: Music-Typesetting with lout?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 22:51:06 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

I'm new to lout. But I'm very interested in.
It's very flexible. I like the functional-language-
style. :-)

I wonder if it ios easy to use lout for music-typesetting.
I think it's easier then in TeX, because lout has graphical
features implemented and is very flexible.

Mabe there are packages available, which are ready to use
for that purpose?

If not: how can/should I realize such a package?

Is lout able to go "backwards" in the typesetting-process,
so that one can use the normal linebreaking-algorithm
for setting notes, but is able to jump back to a position
of already typesttet notes?

Or is it better to use the graphic-capabilities directly?

Any hints?

TIA,
  Oliver