lout-users

Re: Again: verbatim-input (large inputfiles)

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: Re: Again: verbatim-input (large inputfiles)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:12:50 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello Uwe, hello Louters,

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 00:04:09 -0400, Reimer Behrends wrote:
>
> > > I ask again on the topic of verbatim-input.
> > > How to include large files verbatim?
> > >
> > > It doesn't work with lout 3-17 and it doesn't work
> > > with lout 3.24.
> >
> > It works fine for me using 3.24. The problem you describe only occurs
> > when I prefix @Verbatim (explicitly or implicitly) with a @OneRow symbol
> > (for instance, via @Box).
>
> Yes, make sure you have a vertical concatenation ops around @Verbatim.
> E.g. this will NOT work because white-space is an implicit paragraph
> concatenation (the fact often overlooked):

OK, I think, when really start using Lout intensively, I will
read the documentation more precisely. ;-)

I'm exploring lout... think to really use it in some time.

BTW: What is meant with "vertical concatenation ops"?

>     @PP This listing shows the ...
>     @Verbatim { myprog.sh }
>
> Try using something like @LP or @DP (but not @PP!).  Also @ID should
> probably work too, but I'm too lazy to check it right now ;).

OK, that works, even if I now do not really understand why,
but it's good to see correct results on the screen.
That's motivating. :-)

Thanks a lot. :-)

Ciao,
   Oliver