lout-users

Re: Running Headers with multiple Figures

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Running Headers with multiple Figures
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:29:38 +1000

Long ago (Wed Jan 17 2001) address@hidden wrote:

> I'm having a problem with the running headers on the left
> hand (even) pages.  Say a chapter of my book includes 10
> figures, using code similar to the style above.  The
> running header (chapter number and name) will show up on
> the first couple of even pages, but not all of the pages
> in the chapter.  If i continue to reprocess my input
> file, the even-page running header will show up on one
> additional page per run.

and Uwe responded:

> Yes, this seems to be a bug and it's present since 3.21 at least
> The problem is probably caused by the @DupRunner that is used for
> "non-raw" figure placement.

I've looked into this.  The @DupRunner symbol that Uwe refers to is
a horrible hack I introduced to get the correct running headers to
appear above figures.  Dave reports that it does eventually work,
just that you have to do a number of runs equal to the number of
figures before it all comes right.

I don't think I can do any more here.  The system will work
well enough for figures sprinkled through body text; it's only
when you have page after page of figures that you notice it.  I
think Uwe's workaround, to use raw figures, is the best option.

Jeff