lout-users

Re: Still searching...

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Still searching...
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:55:52 +0400

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 21:39:47 +0200, RaЗl NЗЯez de Arenas Coronado wrote:

> I'm still searching for a way to have a 'preprocessed' lout output.
> What I want is to have a lout document including basicsetup and the
> like, run lout, and have another lout document, not converted to PS,
> with all the macros expanded and no inclusions.

Mmm, I doubt this is possible.  You closest bet would be to build with
debug enabled and use -d switches to snoop on the evaluation process.

> I'm afraid that this is not what we have when we expand a

Well, actually it is.  @Doc is expanded into a list of pages that
looks more or less like what you do.

    595p @Wide 842p @High .... { }      # page 1
    //
    595p @Wide 842p @High .... { }      # page 2
    # and so on

There's a "ts" package, "toy setup" that provides a bare-bones page
list.  It might be easier to play with it then with a fully fledged
setups with a lot of stuff that would distract you.

SY, Uwe