lout-users

Re: Quotes

From: Giovanni Zezza
Subject: Re: Quotes
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 01:06:18 +0200

Il Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:30:43 +0200, Giovanni Salmeri scriveva:

>On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:14:38 +0200
>Michael Piotrowski <address@hidden> wrote:
>> {it Italian} @Yield «x»      # or ``x,, (esp. in large sizes)
>
>In Italian ``x'' is much more common than ``x,,. The first choice is
>however «x». It would be very nice to specify different quotes for the
>various level of embedding (two would suffice), as in the 'quotes'
>property in CSS2. But I don't know if this is possible in Lout!

  "I saw, in an English book, and I didn't dislike it, the initial quoting
sign repeated from paragraph to paragraph, as long as the quote wasn't
terminated.
  "I wonder if this can be achieved in Lout, and how.
  "Also, how to write the embedding quote is an important point. I think, an
acceptable solution in Italian would be using <<x>> for the outer level, and
``x'' or 'x' for the inner one."

Ciao.