lout-users

Still searching

From: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Subject: Still searching
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:00:08 +0200

    Hello Oliver :)

>>     I'm still searching for a way to have a 'preprocessed' lout
>> output. What I want is to have a lout document including basicsetup
>> and the like, run lout, and have another lout document, not converted
>> to PS, with all the macros expanded and no inclusions.
>If I understand correctly what you mean, then you are looking for a
>macro-preprocessor, like m4 is.

    Not at all, sorry :(( I know and use m4 (I have wrote a
test-suite maker with it ;)))), but what I want is to see the
expansions of lout files for building my own lout skeleton with no
includes.

    Thanks for your answer, anyway. I think that m4 is the great
unknown too, and it's a very useful tool, like awk, for example.

    Raúl