lout-users

problem with @SetColor

From: Joe Beach
Subject: problem with @SetColor
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:28:01 +0400 (MSD)

Hi,

I was trying to use @SetColor the other day to make some custom grays in a
lout document, and it didn't want to work right. I checked the postscript
file, and it appears that when @SetColor is used, it feeds the given RGB
code to the postscript file, but it doesn't include the necessary
'setrgbcolor' command immediately after it, so the postscript interpreter
doesn't implement the color change. For example, the lout command

{blue} @Color {Blue}

would make postscript something like (I'm doing this from memory, I know
this isn't exactly right, but the important part is here) this:

0.0 0.0 1.0 setrgbcolor Blue

while the lout command

{0.0 0.0 1.0} @SetColor {Blue}

would make the postscript

0.0 0.0 1.0 Blue

Is this a known bug, or have I found something new? Or am I just not using
the @SetColor command properly?

By the way, I've been using Lout to write my PhD thesis, and I've been
really happy with it.

Joe Beach