lout-users

Re: Linking text boxes in Lout

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Linking text boxes in Lout
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 10:04:03 +1000

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:35:51 +0000, Moray Taylor wrote:

  > A quick question...
  >
  > Is it possible to link text boxes in Lout? i.e. have multible text boxes
  > that flow text from the 1st to the 2nd and then onto the third, I
  > understand there is a galley system for simple columns, but I want to
  > use the @Place function to place independant text boxes and link them.
  > Is this possible, or are there any workarounds?
  >
  > Thanks in advance
  >
  > Moray Taylor

It should be possible to do this provided the text columns in all
the boxes are of equal width.  Lout is not able to handle text
whose column width changes (although you could experiment with
horizontally galleys, which do this, if you are really brave).
The heights can change and the boxes can be rotated, scaled etc.

There is nothing available right now that does this for end users,
so you'll need to operate as an expert user, defining some symbols
with galley targets in them and then sending off a galley to those
targets.

Jeff Kingston