lout-users

Re: Repeatedly including an EPS file

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Repeatedly including an EPS file
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:01:01 +1000

No, the first @IncludeGraphicRepeated does not produce a graphic.

  > Why can't I use @includeGraphicRepeated repeatedly instead?

You don't want to.  The two methods produce identical output, so you
want to switch between them in one place (in this case, by placing
or not placing an @IncludeGraphicRepeated at the start), not at
a lot of places.  The question you didn't ask is

   Why do I need anything at all at the start of the document?

The answer is that Lout needs to know at the start of the document
that you want to do this, because it has to generate the PostScript
output for the corresponding form at the start of the output.  It's
no use to Lout to tell it 10 pages in that you want a form.

Jeff