lout-users

Synthesizing POSTNET barcodes using Graphics ?

From: p17501
Subject: Synthesizing POSTNET barcodes using Graphics ?
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:17:28 +0400 (MSD)

I have a need to generate POSTNET barcodes, (the little bars at the
bottom of a US address), and have found some Postscript code that
generates it, but would think it would be cleaner to generate directly
in side of lout.  I am using TCL as my scripting language, so the
check digit can be determined before hand.

I have tried using @IncludeGraphic but the PS that is there does not
calculate the BoundingBox.

I have posted the two snippets of current code at

http://new.zill.net/postnet1.html
and
http://new.zill.net/postnet2.html

And would appreciate any help or suggestions in converting this into
lout format.  I think that creating a macro for 5-digit zip and
another for zip+4 would work, but again, anything that needs to be
done manually I will handle within the TCL program.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
address@hidden