lout-users

Re: Establishing links between leaves of a tree

From: gabor68 <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Establishing links between leaves of a tree
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:25:50 +0300 (MSK)

--- In address@hidden, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>
wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:28:15PM +0300, gabor68 <address@hidden>
wrote:
> > Well, I tried this first, but it did not compile by lout (IIRC).
> >
> > Any ideas why not?
>
> This probably has to do with nested labels.  Lout probably assigns
some
> particular labels to subtrees but I don't know what they are (and
couldn't
> find it in the manual).  Once you know it, you can probably refer to
your
> object with something like address@hidden@address@hidden@A (where T is your
> tree's
label).

(my other message did not make it to the list, so here is another
attempt...)

Thanks for the info Ludovic!

In the meantime I found the applicable text in the manual. It states
that @Tree keeps its own tags in the nodes, and it is not allowed to
add my own ones there because of this. These tags can be made visible
by @ShowTags.

[A tag-aliasing feature would come handy in this context, that does
not extend the tag names, just refers to them.]

OK, now here is an attempt to my original problem:

> @Diag {
OBJECT::
@Tree {
@Circle A
@FirstSub {
@Circle B
@FirstSub @Square C
@NextSub @Square D
}
@NextSub @Circle E
@NextSub @Circle F
}
//
@Link from { address@hidden@address@hidden@SE } to { address@hidden }
@Link from { address@hidden@address@hidden@SE } to {
address@hidden@address@hidden }
}

There is a remaining problem as it seems. Either the tags are not
present on the leftmost node at each level or they are not shown by
@ShowTags.

Here is the evidence:

@Diag {
@ShowTags
@Tree {
@Circle A
@FirstSub {
@Circle B
@FirstSub @Square C
@NextSub @Square D
}
@NextSub @Circle E
@NextSub @Circle F
}
//
}

Also, the points are missing on the nodes. Is this a known bug?

Thanks,

       Gabor