lout-users

Re: Getting the actual page number

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Getting the actual page number
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:18:41 +0100

Hi,

address@hidden (Jeff Kingston) writes:
> I'm not sure why you would need this information.  Perhaps if
> I knew what you wanted it for I might be able to suggest some
> quite different approach to whatever it is.  At the moment,
> though, it just looks as though you are setting up two
> conflicting (and hence confusing) numbering systems for the
> pages.

I've written a Lout-producing back-end for another document authoring
system (Skribe).  The back-end produces a PDF outline in the resulting
Lout file.  The PDF outline uses PostScript's `pdfmark' and Lout's
address@hidden' as in the following example:

  { @BackEnd @Case {
      PostScript @Yield {
  ["/"Title "("1. Introduction")" "/"Page @PageOf { Introduction } "/"OUT
pdfmark
  ["/"Title "("2. Statuts")" "/"Page @PageOf { Statuts } "/"OUT pdfmark
  ["/"Title "("3. Bureau")" "/"Page @PageOf { Bureau } "/"OUT pdfmark
          }
  } } @Graphic { }

As you can see, I use address@hidden' in order to determine the target page
of each outline entry.  However, I need the low-level page number here,
not the user-visible, typographically correct, page number.

Thanks,
Ludovic.