lout-users

RE: table rows in a galley

From: Jennings, Jared L CTR USAF AFMC 46SK/CCI
Subject: RE: table rows in a galley
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:46:28 -0500

> It's the invocation "@FooItem { @Red bar }" that fails: address@hidden' is not
> globally visible symbol.  Instead, you should write, e.g.,
> "@FooItem { @SpecialRed @Open { @Red bar } }" so that address@hidden' is
actually
> visible at the invocation site.

That works flawlessly. Thank you :) Unfortunately this only means that
my simple example fails to mirror my real problem.

> (That doesn't answer the rest of your message, but we'll see that
> later.  ;-))

:) Here's a better example. It seems the problem with this one is not
with getting the right symbols in scope, but something else.

--------

@SysInclude { doc }
@SysInclude { tbl }

def @FooGalley { @Galley @FooGalley }
def @MyTbl {
    @Tbl rh { yes } w { expand }
         aformat { @Cell A | @Cell B }
    {
        @Rowa A { country } B { population }
        @FooGalley
    }
}
def @Country into { @FooGalley&&preceding }
        named name {} named population {} {
    @Tbl {} @Open { @Rowa A { name } B { population } } }
@Doc @Text @Begin
@DP stuff @DP
4i @Wide 5i @High @MyTbl
@DP other stuff
@Country name { Molduria } population { 103 }
@End @Text

---------

Errors:

first run after rm *.ld *.li:
lout file "foo":
    20,1: no @FooGalley galley target precedes this
@FooGalley&&preceding

second run: none

third and following runs:
lout file "foo.ld" (from "foo" line 16):
   187,2: galley @Country deleted (never attached)

---------

Output (all runs) is "stuff" followed by 5 inches vertical whitespace
followed by "other stuff": the table is completely blank. If I take the
@FooGalley out of the @Tbl, the row with the headings becomes visible.

---------

I expect that there should be a @FooGalley galley target preceding the
reference to it, because the @MyTbl comes before the @Country.