lout-users

Re: environments

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: environments
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:08:48 +0100

Hello,

"Efraim Yawitz" <address@hidden> writes:

> I see from the source code of lout that there are some keywords about
> "Environments", but I don't see this explained anywhere in the docs,
> except one short mention in the section about Contexts which doesn't
> say anything about how to use them.  Is this something which can be
> used, and how?

You might want to look in the Expert's Guide at how font settings are
handled, for example, as well as address@hidden' which is essentially a
generalization of this mechanism (it uses the `CONTEXT' struct in the C
code, which is part of the `STYLE' struct; the latter provides font
settings and the likes).

This CONTEXT/STYLE mechanism is akin to "fluids" or "SRFI-39 parameters"
in Scheme or similar Lispy languages (aka. "dynamically-scoped
variables").

Hope this helps,
Ludo'.