lout-users

Re: Linux Libertine fonts

From: Matej Nanut
Subject: Re: Linux Libertine fonts
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 18:30:54 +0200

On 1 September 2013 15:25, Joerg Jung <address@hidden> wrote:
> Are you sure, that ps2pdf is using and including the right fonts?

It must be, I don't have Type1 Libertine fonts in my system, at all.
And deleting the .ttf changes the output, so that one must be getting
used.

Anyway, it does seem that ps2pdf uses any type of font it can find,
not just Type1. I tried -sFONTPATH=<my OTF-only folder> and it worked.
I put my .afm files into lout's global directory, so I know it uses
those.

Also, I figured out how to get .afm files from .otf using FontForge,
and in the OTF variant, Libertine Initials and Italic have different
FontName properties. Consequently, this problem disappears completely!

The FAQ was pretty useful, thanks!

Matej