lout-users

Re: Wanted: a font that contains music accidentals such as sharp, flat a

From: David Duffy
Subject: Re: Wanted: a font that contains music accidentals such as sharp, flat and natural
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 12:48:47 +1000

On Thu, 1 May 2014, Barrie Stott wrote:

I'm creating a document about music that contains musical examples. The examples are created using mup, a program for typesetting music, where each example is turned into .eps file. The document proper is a lout file that includes the musical examples and I want to be able to refer to flat (b), sharp (#) and natural.

Does anyone know of a suitable font for gaining access to such characters from within lout?

Perhaps

http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/Musica.ttf

which you have to then convert to AFM, and then make a lout LCM file -
see the README in lout.lib/maps and the Expert manual.

David Duffy (who hasn't actually done this).