lout-users

Re: Nonpareil news

From: Gour
Subject: Re: Nonpareil news
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 10:38:23 +0200

address@hidden (Jeff Kingston) writes:

Hello,

> placing a new document there called Nonpareil Document Formatting
> (in the Current Release section).

I'm readinf Programming in Go book by Mark Summerfield where he proudly
exclaim using of Lout for typesetting of his book(s).

Considering that I like to have (La)TeX quality of my documents/books -
iow. no Word/OO/etc. - and was using LaTeX/LyX in the past, but, stil,
would prefer using some more user-friendly (KISS) environment I wonder
if Nonpareil can be still considered alive?

Afaik, Lout cannot handled Unicode/UTF-8 and being from Croatia I do not
want to fiddle with ancient codepages any longer...

Another opportunity would be to (again) try ConTeXt, but last time when
I checked it, it was still suffering from the lack of adequate docs.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One must deliver himself with the help of his mind, and not
degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul,