lout-users

Re: macros - where to define them?

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: Re: macros - where to define them?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:51:56 +0200

Zitat von Valery Ushakov <address@hidden> (Sun, 24 Apr 2016 15:21:37 +0300)

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 13:14:59 +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote:

... some definitons, used in own include-files
(mydefs or changed document-styles, "doc" for example)
don't know some symbols, so I can't use @R for example, or @CurveBox.

Is the export-keyword the way out?

Where to use it, I'm not sure, how to make things working easily.

May be it's time to read the Expert's Guide?

...hmhhh, you mean completely? ;-)

I have looked into it more than once, but only
picking out, what I thought I would need.

 All the relevant
material about lout-the-language is in the 10 pages at the beginning
of Chaper 2.

Aha, ok.
So thats the next big step then.
Hope to have some free time and good mood for it soon.

One example of problems:

If have
macro @REAL { @Outline @R R }
inside mydefs, I get the err-msg:

mydefs is included by "doc" before it @Use's relevant symbols, so
inside mydefs you need to import @BasicSetup yourself.

OK, thanks for the hint! :-)

I did the following:

====================================
@SysInclude { langdefs }
@SysInclude { bsf }
import @BasicSetup
macro @REAL { { @Outline @R R } }

Now that works :-)

I can now think about putting my macros / defs into an external file again.

Your hint was a big help, thanks again.

Ciao,
   Oliver