[Ltib] Minor issue with user name

From: Stering Wolfram
Subject: [Ltib] Minor issue with user name
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:24:03 +0100

Hi ltib'ers,

I'm new to this list, and to ltib as whole, but I succeeded to build the
BSP for the i.XM31 eval board, after a minor issue was hacked around (I
didn't solve it, though):

In certain cases, the username, as returned by perl's getpw*() functions
(getpwuid($<) is used by ltib) contains a '\' (backslash) character. A
likely example would be authentication with a Windows domain controller
using ADS via winbind (which is not so uncommon in company networks,
I've been told).  In this case, the username contains the domain part in
"windows notation", i.e. 'DOMAIN\USER'.

However, this will result in problems where the username becomes e.g.
part of a filename, such as '/tmp/rpm-<username>', and possibly in other
cases as well.

My humble suggestion would be to replace the '\' characters in the
username ($cf->username) with e.g. '_'.  But then, some diagnostic
output, especially the help line on how to modify the sudoers-file,
doesn't show the actual username (the same applies to the release info:
write_release_info()).  Probably all characters that are invalid for
filenames need to be replaced.

Or else just do the substitution, when the username is used in a context
where this is important.

Unfortunately I'm not good enough in perl to provide a corresponding
patch myself, otherwise I'd have done so.

best regards,

-wolfi

--
Wolfram Stering