Re: [Ltib] Question regarding "ltib -m release"

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Question regarding "ltib -m release"
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:24:03 +0100

Hi Peter,

1/ MANIFEST is a file that lists each file you want to go onto the iso
image from the ltib directory.  Any referenced package sources will be
figured out from the references in the spec file.

I've attached a MANIFEST I generated from the current savannah CVS using
the cvsmanifest script attached.  You need to manually add/subtract any
entries in the MANIFEST file that you wish to add/exclude from the
release.  Additional files don't have to be part of LTIB.

If you are able to release without using localdir_nobuild" from CVS
that's much preferred as maintenance is easier, however I understand you
may not want all your source/patches on the public GPP, and/or your ltib
sources may be different.

1b/ There was a change that I hadn't yet merged out with respect to the
mkisofs, I've just checked it into the savannah CVS, essentially it adds
joliet-long when it is available (which is most of the time).  You can
get the diffs from 1.10 - 1.11.  Removing -J will also work, but I think
the change I checked in is preferable.

2/ LTIB will not run on Cygwin. The reason for Joliet is mainly for
people who mount the CD on their Windows machines and then copy out bit
(I think for VMware).  Most people using LTIB on Windows boxes run it
inside VMware Linux guests.

Regards, Stuart