Re: [Ltib] gdb error

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] gdb error
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:46:50 +0100

Hi Ken,

Before I start, I have to declare that I'm not a gdb expert.  However. I
agree with what Joseph is saying.  In addition I'd add that there are
some libraries from glibc that are needed by gdb that need to be
un-stripped.  In LTIB, so that you can swap toolchains and re-build and
to make sure *everything* is guaranteed to be compatible with the
toolchain we copy the C library components for the target from the cross
compiler.  It's always been the case that we leave the necessary
libraries for debugging un-stripped.  As far as I know it's only a few
(libthread_db and a couple more IIRC).  It could be that in this case
that that has not been done, and/or we've missed some that are required.
In addition, if the problem is with the shared libraries for the
application you are build, make sure that they are un-stripped and also
that they can be located on the target, you will also need your sources
on the target too.

Probably the best way to get this fixed is to refer it back to Freescale
support and give them a simple test case.  Mostly they will need to know
which LTIB (iso) and conmfig you're using so they can track the
toolchain.  Can you try that and if it doesn't resolve quickly let me
know and I'll see what else I can do.

BTW: to send to Freescale support
   * go to http://www.freescale.com
   * click on "Support / Technical support"
   * click on "Submit a Service Request"
   * register to get a user name and password.
   * login in with your user name and password
   * on the "New Service Request" page:
      * category = Technical Request
      * topic = Linux BSP
      * Click on "Continue"
   * fill out the information for the service request
   * click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

Regards, Stuart