[Ltib] Driver question

From: Mehrdad Salami
Subject: [Ltib] Driver question
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:11:30 +1100

Hi List,

I am trying to open a serial driver from kernel space of another driver.
Currently I am opening the serial driver from user space

fd=open(/dev/tts/2,...
read(fd,...
close(fd);

However I want to open this serial driver in another driver in kernel space which I am developing myself. I wonder if such thing is possible considering the security and resources for kernel space drivers.

If this is possible what function need to be called to open this serial driver in kernel space.

Thanks,

Mehrdad