RE: [Ltib] logrotate for ltib

From: Morrison, Tom
Subject: RE: [Ltib] logrotate for ltib
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:48:15 -0500

I noticed that - but we are current using the separate
ltib sysklog pkg that is working - I'd like to not change
this (don't change something that is working) - and try to
add logrotate...

fyi, if you remember- I am building for e500 platform (8548) -
and yes, I still owe you the patch file for i2c-utils...which
I left off to somebody to integrate (and who became THE expert
in ltib builds and getting things that weren't original meant
to build in a non-386 environment) - who has now left, and I'm
back to doing patches/additions to this build process...

With that said...

I've found a recent version of logrotate (3.7.1) - but
it depends on popt.h  (and associated library) that I don't
think we have at all...and/or support in my e500 gcc (or
it doesn't seem to find popt.h when I try to do a make
in ltib shell (./ltib -m shell)...

The logrotate pkg - doesn't have the configure command - so
have no way to add flags that might help point it into
the right directories (i.e.: /opt/Freescale/ltib/usr/include)
for the popt.h

do I do add this include path manually (and also include
the popt package as well)...and see what happens?

Thanks for any advice you have!

Sincerely,

Tom Morrison