RE: [Ltib] RE: Reg ltib

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: RE: [Ltib] RE: Reg ltib
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:20:27 +0100

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 10:20 +0530, Makhija, Neha (IE10) wrote:
> Hi Stuart
>
> Sorry I confused everything.
>
> Let me tell you again.
> First I tried to enable the native GDB so that the program which is
> debugged is on the system where the gdb is running ie on the target I
> wanted to run native gdb. After configuring with ./ltib -m config and
> selecting the option as
>  -> package list
>       -> gdb
>               -> gdb to run natively on the target
> I gave
>  ./ltib -p gdb
>
> And this generated the gdb exe in the ltib/rpm/BUILD/<GDB->/gdb/gdb
> I copied this gdb on the target board. and then I gave ldd gdb on the
> target board. It showed all the libraries needed for the gdb. One
> library was missing, so I copied it from /ltib/rootfs/lib/ folder to the
> target board's /lib folder and then when I ran the ./gdb, it gave me
> error saying "BUS ERROR".

This is incorrect.  Select 'gdb to run natively on the target' and then
run:

$ ./ltib

This will build all the dependency package *and* install everything
including gdb in rootfs/.... for the target.  You should never need to
copy stuff by hand into the target area.

What platform are you trying to run on and what version of ltib do you
have (was it from an ISO, if so which one)?