[Ltib] lltib imx27ads - openssl - check use of sahara hardware accelerat

From: Selso LIBERADO
Subject: [Ltib] lltib imx27ads - openssl - check use of sahara hardware acceleration
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:23:27 +0200

Hello,

I would like to check that the platform is using the sahara hardware acceleration.
I have passed the prerequesites :
- configure ltib openssl with hardware acceleration request
- configure ltib mxc-misc sahara test

I have passed the mxc-misc sahara test (device file here, loading driver, ...) successfully.
Now with the command line 'openssl engine' I only have printed :
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support.

I have tried on a pc computer and I check that I have an built-in engine :
(padlock) VIA PadLock (no-RNG, no-ACE)
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support..

I understand here that there is no sahara built-in engine, but external engine are presented as shared libraries whereas the sahara ship is handled by a kernel device driver with no shared libraries.

Moreover the ltib otion 'use hardware acceleration' put the flag PKG_OPENSSL_WANT_SEC on, but is not used in the openss.spec file to pass more flags to the makefile.
I have seen in a older spec file 'openssl-0.9.7g.spec' these lines :
if [ -n "$PKG_OPENSSL_WANT_SEC" -a "$PLATFORM" = "mcf547x_8x" ]
then
   XTRA_OPTS="$XTRA_OPTS -DCF_SEC"
fi

Sould the new spec file also pass the symbol CF_SEC ??

Thanks