Re: [Ltib] Same build env for different processors

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Same build env for different processors
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:50:55 +0100

Hi Bizhan,

If they're different boards physically then I think it's best to create
2 separate directorys:

config/platform/xxx8378
config/platform/xxx8541

If your kernel sources are different, then you just need 2 kernel
specfiles.  If it's just the configuration of the kernel, then you just
need 2 different kernel config files.

The kernel spec files can go into dist/lfs-5.1/kernel if they could be
common, or otherwise placed them in config/platform/<target>

The config files should go into config/platform/<target>

It is also possible to have a single config/platform/<target> serving
more than one board, but generally I prefer to reserve this behaviour
for different variations of the same board (setups).  The main reason is
that it's easier to independently update/release as/if the hardware for
the board gets changed.

Regards, Stuart