[Ltib] Problems with libraries that depend on other libraries

From: Ned Konz
Subject: [Ltib] Problems with libraries that depend on other libraries
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 00:55:42 -0800

I've built the SDL library and have installed it OK.

Now I'd like to build an add-on library called SDL_image. The problem is that when the link stage occurs, the linker is looking at /usr/lib/ libSDL.so (the one on my build system) instead of the one that's installed in the rootfs.

I think this is because the configure (or make?) calls sdl-config (which was installed in rootfs/usr/bin) to find the libraries to link with; this is returning

-L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread

which is not what is needed (if sdl-config is to be called, it should be passed a proper --prefix path).

Any ideas how I can fix this?