Re: [Ltib] upgrading to a newer package -- did i do this correctly?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] upgrading to a newer package -- did i do this correctly?
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:28:19 +0000

Hi Robert,

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 19:02 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i just want to verify that i followed the correct steps to add a
> newer package to ltib.
>
>   when it became obvious that i needed a newer version of dropbear,
> here's what i did:
>
>   * edited the file dist/lfs-5.1/dropbear/dropbear.spec to bump the
>     version from 0.45 to 0.52, and removed the two references to
>     the patch (since it *appears* that version 0.52 doesn't need
>     patching, but we'll find out soon enough if that's true)

Correct.

>   * downloaded dropbear-0.52.tar.gz into /opt/ltib/pkgs since it
>     wouldn't be available from the GPP

Correct

>   * left .ltibrc alone
>
> optionally, once i verify that 0.52 works, i guess i could remove the
> 0.45 tarball and the patch from /opt/ltib/pkgs.

Usually it's best to leave unless you're short of space is if you share
the machine, they can still get at the older version (if they had an
older LTIB, or just wanted it).

>   does all of that sound about right?  the build seems to be
> progressing nicely.

Yes that's it.

Once you've tested it, can you send a patch to the list and I'll commit
the change to CVS, I'll also upload the pristine tarball to the GPP.

If you think you'll make regular contributions, I can give you CVS write
access and a password for the GPP upload.