Re: [Ltib] ltib --configure kills my config files!

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ltib --configure kills my config files!
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:44:43 +0000

Hi Ned,

I took a quick look and may need some more information.

I just tried on an imx31, which is very similar and I can't reproduce
this.  If you've made a copy of a platform, or are using a variation,
maybe you missed an update or have a conflict in your cvs up.

Anyhow, if you run:
$ ./ltib -m config

What do you see if you hit enter over the toolchain selection, I see:
--- Toolchain selection.
    Toolchain (ARMv5te gcc-4.1.2,Multi-lib,gnueabi/glibc-2.5-nptl-3)
(-O2 -fsigned-char -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=vfp) Enter any CFLAGS for

Select the line Toolchain (ARM... and hit enter, then you should see:

(X) ARMv5te gcc-4.1.2,Multi-lib,gnueabi/glibc-2.5-nptl-3
( ) Custom

The way this works is that the toolchain architecture types are setup in
config/userspace/defaults.lkc, for ARM I see:

config ARMEABI_ARCH
    bool
    default y if PLATFORM = imx27ads || PLATFORM = imx31ads || PLATFORM =
imx32ads

So imx27ads is defined to be ARMEABI_ARCH

If you then look in config/userspace/toolchain.lkc you'll see an enty
for ARMEABI_ARCH, which is is a choice list that allows only:
TOOLCHAIN_ARMEABI_GLIBC1 or TOOLCHAIN_ARMEABI_CUSTOM

Can you check that you have these in your copy of LTIB and report back.

The missing TOOLCHAIN_ARM_GLIBC1 from toolchain.lkc is okay because what
should happen is when you run ./ltib --configure, it will apply the
constraints from the .lkc files and it should setup the correct new arch
as ARMEABI_ARCH and pre-select the correct toolchain for you
(TOOLCHAIN_ARMEABI_GLIBC1)

The most likely cause that I can deduce for this is that your platform
(defined in your main.lkc and visible as CONFIG_PLATFORM="xxx" in your
config/platform/<target>/.config) is not present in
config/userspace/defaults.lkc in the list of platforms for ARMEABI_ARCH

Regards, Stuart