Re: [Ltib] how to support more than one version of a package?

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: Re: [Ltib] how to support more than one version of a package?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:11:38 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   is it possible to select (at build time) the version of the package
> you want to include?  in the ltib build i'm working with, as an
> example, the dist/lfs-5.1/zlib/ directory has two spec files:
>
>   * zlib.spec (which corresponds to 1.1.4), and
>   * zlib-1.2.3.spec
>
> this is clearly a local modification.  but if my config file selects
> simply zlib, which one is picked?
>
> rday
> --

  oh, wait, i just stumbled across a file called "pkg_map" which
appears to map package names to explicit version numbers, but zlib is
not one of the packages listed.  so does pkg_map actually perform this
kind of version selection?  and still an open question -- if a package
isn't listed there, what happens?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.