Re: [Ltib] Upgrade to sysklogd-1.5 from sysklogd-1.4.1.

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Upgrade to sysklogd-1.5 from sysklogd-1.4.1.
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 06:59:15 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Stuart Hughes wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> What is not working in the older version that you need?
>
> Regards, Stuart
>
> On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 03:52 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   Since we're going to be doing some serious logging here, I spent a
> > few minutes and packaged sysklogd-1.5.  The patch files are a subset
> > of what was necessary for 1.4.1, and the newer version appears to
> > build just fine, but it would be nice if someone else could verify
> > that.
> >
> >   Both the tarball and the changelog for 1.5 to justify the upgrade
> > can be found here:
> >
> > http://www.infodrom.org/projects/sysklogd/download.php

  sorry, i'm not trying to be a pain, i am merely succeeding.  a
couple features that would be handy for us that are documented in the
changelog for 1.5 are:

  * klogd reconnecting to the logger if it goes away and comes back
  * resume writing when space becomes available after a filled disk

but it's no big deal if this isn't incorporated into LTIB as we've
started to use it here so i can just keep it in our LPP.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.