[Ltib] finally setting up my own LTIB -- questions to follow

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: [Ltib] finally setting up my own LTIB -- questions to follow
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:22:34 -0500 (EST)

  rather than have to work with a much older 6.4.1 version of ltib,
i'm setting up a new version on a different server so i have an
up-to-date CVS checkout, and a question about the package pools.

  from my perusal of .ltibrc, i can see that there are two local
repositories for packages and patches:  %ldirs and %lpp.  just to make
sure i understand this, the first is simply a directory that will be
searched for packages or patches, and would be populated *manually* by
someone for whatever reason.

  the second -- the official LPP -- will be populated as necessary and
*automatically* from the GPP based on the build process and selection
of packages, yes?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.